February 22, 2013 all-day
Migration Policy Group
205 Rue Belliard
Box 1 | 1040 Brussels
The results of EUDO CITIZENSHIP’s ACIT project were presented in a final EU-level debate on future European cooperation on the acquisition and loss of nationality organised by the Migration Policy Group.
The conference gathered the ACIT researchers, external speakers, partners of the national dialogues and representatives of the European institutions. They discussed the effects of citizenship acquisition on the integration of immigrants and the major opportunities and obstacles for immigrants to become citizens across the EU. They also explored how European institutions and civil society can promote naturalisation in European countries.
Download the leaflet presenting the ACIT results.
Download the Programme – English.
Download the presentations:
– Jaap Dronkers: Citizenship acquisition and employment of male migrants in Europe
– Tijana Prokic-Breuer: Citizenship acquisition and political participation of immigrants in Europe
– Derek Hutcheson: Social and Living Integration of immigrants in Europe
– Rainer Bauböck: Legal obstacles and opportunities for access to citizenship
– Thomas Huddleston: Administrative opportunities and obstacles in naturalisation procedures
– Maarten Vink: Determinants of naturalisation?
– Thomas Huddleston: What is the link between citizenship and other integration policies in EU?
– Chris Nash: Addressing statelessness in Europe (see also Chris Nash’s blog entry about the conference)
– Gerard-René de Groot: Acquisition and loss of citizenship: openings for European Courts?
– Hannes Swoboda’s intervention (video)
– Joshua Hoyt: New Americans Initiative: Naturalization As Empowerment